Thursday, 20 April 2017

SIX OF THE BEST: NEW BGO ALBUM ON THE WAY

Hello ... Hello ... my old friends ... It's great to see you once again! Yours Truly KJS recently had an extended chat with Bubble Gum Orchestra (BGO) supremo Michael Laine Hildebrandt about his forthcoming as yet untitled new studio album - his sixth - and the follow-up to BGO's heavily ELO and Beatles influenced releases "Out Of This World" (2011), "BGO II" (2012), "The Discovery" (2013), "Beyond Time" (2014) and "Sticky Love Songs" (2016).

KJS: Your last two albums "Beyond Time" and "Sticky Love Songs" have both been well received and have also been cited as an elobeatlesforever (elobf) 'Album of the Year'. What can you tell me about your next album and where you are going with it?
MLH: This entire album has kind of silently snook up on me. It's so refreshing to be working on number six and letting the last one - and everything that came with it - emotionally go. The new one is still classic BGO but, for me, it is very different somewhat musically and song topic wise. It's a much more somber, piano oriented adventure this time. I am totally in love with it. The artwork speaks volumes about BGO VI and, after I finish with the current song I'm working on, I'll be bringing in Les Farrington again (who has worked with BGO before) on vocals. I've also been inspired lately by listening again to several songs from "Beyond Time" (my fourth record) - so much so that I've jumped right back into the studio these past few days with renewed zest! There's no fixed release date and plenty of work still to do in mixing, mastering and making the CD - you know the drill! But what I can say is that I'm really excited about this new album!

elobeatlesforever (elobf) will keep you posted re: BGO VI in due course. In the meantime, you can find out more about Bubble Gum Orchestra (BGO) via their official web site thus:

www.bubblegumorchestra.com

elobeatlesforever (elobf) recommends Bubble Gum Orchestra (BGO) to those enlightened folks who enjoy the music of ELOJeff LynneRoy WoodThe MoveThe Idle Race'Brum Beat'The Beatles and related artistes.

Until next "Time" in the ELO [and related] Universe ... KJS ... 20-Apr-2017

No comments:

Post a Comment