Thursday, 16 September 2010

EVERYONE'S BORN TO DIE

Hello ... Hello ... my old friends ... It's great to see you once again! For many reasons, today [16th September] is a special day to this writer. In particular, it is now 33 years since the tragic death of Marc Bolan. Marc, of course, featured on three songs in ELO's third album, the aptly named "On The Third Day" [1973]. They were "Ma Ma Ma Belle", "Dreaming Of 4000" and "Everyone's Born To Die".

The above photograph was taken by Gary Merrin at Watford Town Hall on Tuesday 10th April 1973 and features Marc guesting on stage with the band. Marc would have been 63 years of age on 30th September. One of THE best guitar riffs ever [in my opinion] is that which is found on "Ride A White Swan". And "Ma Ma Ma Belle" is one of my all time fave ELO tracks. These two [2] artistes were a good fit and still compliment each other nicely.

Until next "Time" in the ELO [and related] Universe ... KJS ... 16-Sep-2010

3 comments:

  1. ian jakeman@ymail.com25 March 2013 at 23:10

    I was there - My first ever gig - I have a cutting from the Watford Observer saying the crowd was 450 strong on the night - I was 12 - I still have the specially printed Ticket stub if anyone would like to see. What a great gig to have as your first ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ian ... I would love to see that ticket stub and press cutting and would love to hear your recollections of that gig! West Bishes ... KJS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please contact me at: sinclair.keith@talk21.com? KJS :-)

    ReplyDelete